Saturday, August 21, 2010

Gun Crazy (1950)


"That fact that Gun Crazy comes in at #48 only reiterates the glaringly obvious observation that I’ve pointed out a lot recently – it’s getting really, really hard to separate some of these films. From here on in, we’re dealing what I consider to be the cream of the crop of film noir. For me it, means sifting through longstanding and deserved classics and personal favorites that I feel deserve greater attention in a series like this. I might be repeating myself with this little preamble, but it’s just meant to emphasize the fact that from here on in we’re dealing with classics – if not universally recognized classics, then at least in the mind of this inveterate list-maker! Personal taste comes in huge now."
Goodfella's Movie Blog, Wikipedia, amazon, YouTube, "Shadows of Film Noir: Gun Crazy", New Yorker - "Gun Crazy", Noir of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment